ensure all customer literature including marketing brochures, quotations, fund
fact sheets, T&Cs, KFI/ KIID and charges literature is clear, easy to
understand and treats customers fairly.
literature and documentation plays a vital role in helping customers understand
and make informed purchasing decisions on financial products. Literature/ comms
- Satisfy FCA requirements from a TCF perspective
- Engage and empower customers
- Promote provider brand and reflect the core values and unique strengths of the organisation.
products can be complex and technical; sometimes jargon is unavoidable.
on more than 500 hours worth of customer conversations, Charterhouse Research
has developed a rigorous framework for literature testing. We move far beyond
examining suitability of language for the audience to look at. We look at:
- The context in which literature/ documentation will be read/ used and how it interacts with other literature/ documentation – is the purpose of the literature fully understood?
- How well customers engage with, understand and are able to use literature documentation provided:
- Is the structure and flow in line with customer thought processes and information needs?
- How well is the document organised for ease of navigation?
- Is the style and grammar appropriate for the target audience?
- Does the layout and design engage the reader and aid understanding? Could colour coding and visuals be used instead of dense text?